re-enactors Uniforms

• 1 czerwca 2010 z 22:51 #8445
    Vrospond
    Participant

Is there a web address to purchase re-enactor uniforms and equipment for the first republic

2 czerwca 2010 z 23:42 #8447
    Koroniarz
    Keymaster

There is a limited number of re-enactors of the period. One of the popular tailors does not posses a website. Another (more expensive, although IMHO, a better one) is available here: http://styl.elo.pl/[/url]

Please let me know, whether you need anything specific, and perhaps, we’ll be able to provide some suggestions or advice.

3 czerwca 2010 z 15:57 #8450
    Vrospond
    Participant

I’m working on a series of articles on the Polish Armies of the Paritions (1772-1794). I have alot of great scource material, but I wanted to see if I could get copies of a shakos from the reforms of 1792 and uniform patterns. Many thanks. vwr

3 czerwca 2010 z 19:52 #8451
    DarekDarek
    Participant

copies of a shakos from the reforms of 1792

Raczej 1791 roku.

11 czerwca 2010 z 21:38 #8483
    Vrospond
    Participant

Darek,

Dzienkuje. Gdzie moze kupic reprodukowanie kaszkeit polskie 1792?

12 czerwca 2010 z 08:48 #8484
    DarekDarek
    Participant

Czołem!
    Kolega zamówił taki – NOWY- kaszkiet.
    Niebawem ma go odebrać.
    Po weekendzie dowiem się co i jak. i gdy go odbierze to wstawię zdjęcia.
    Pozdrawiam.

14 czerwca 2010 z 14:06 #8489
    Vrospond
    Participant

Dzienkuje Bardzo!

vwr

24 czerwca 2010 z 23:05 #8518
    Vrospond
    Participant

Koroniarz, Thank you for your assistance on uniforms. Is there soemwhere where patterns are available that I could make a uniform from the 1794 era?

25 czerwca 2010 z 22:14 #8524
    Koroniarz
    Keymaster

Not in form of tailor patterns. You may however find pictures and descriptions. E.g. here:

28 czerwca 2010 z 13:48 #8533
    Vrospond
    Participant

Thanks Very much!

11 sierpnia 2010 z 16:58 #8633
    Vrospond
    Participant

Gentlemen:

I’m working on a book on the Polish Armies of the Partitions 1772-1794. I was wondering if any re-enactors would like to send me photos of them in their uniforms of the period for inclusion in addition to the contemporary drawings I am including. If I end up using your photo I would be happy to send you a copy of the book when it is published.

Many thanks

vincent

11 sierpnia 2010 z 18:06 #8634
    Koroniarz
    Keymaster

Please see the photos at our Digital gallery. You’ll find the 10th Dzialynski’s Infantry Regiment, the National Cavalry and the Lithuanian regiments. Please let me know if you need any in full resolution. Please keep in mind however, that the number of groups that re-enact the period is extremely limited, therefore some of the uniform are from the later period.

All the best!

12 sierpnia 2010 z 12:58 #8640
    Vrospond
    Participant

Many thanks again!

vincent

24 sierpnia 2010 z 20:00 #8670
    Kropidło
    Participant

Hi!
    You may find [we made during our club’s shooting jamboree earlier this year useful. Please note however, they were not made with presenting an absolute historical accuracy in mind. Some of the shots were made with the purpose of being used in some kind of club propaganda publications.
    The green uniform is of the Regiment fizylierów company rifles (sharpshooters), also the 15th Regiment’s sharpshooters/light infantry might have worn exactly the same colours, the difference being in the buttons bearing regimental numbers. The headgear differentiated the uniform from the pictures from those of the Crown Artillery Corps one, apart from the buttons again. The boots obviously belong to a different era, they might pass as a substitute for small resolution illustration purposes, though 😉 . The Mle 1777 replica musket from the pictures is a bit out of place, the hunting flintlock rifle is a tad longer and considerably less robust than the „sztucer kozienicki” – a regulation firearm of the I RP rifle companies – but I have to make do with them for the time being. As far as I know, there is one, maybe two modern copies of the „Kozienice rifle” in existence apart from the single surviving original.

At the bottom of the page you’ll find the link to the club member’s gallery.
    Other pictures at the lksh.org may be of some use for you, although those are less „re-enactmentlike” – the uniform is adopted as our „parade uniform” and not worn during re-enacting.

Regards
    Andrzej

25 sierpnia 2010 z 12:55 #8672
    Vrospond
    Participant

Many thanks Andrzej. It was very helpful!

Musisz być zalogowany aby odpowiedzieć na ten temat.